Do you know how to identify the reason for your bad breath? If not, you have come to the right place! Bad breath, also known as halitosis, can have many reasons to linger in your smile. The good news is halitosis can be treated and overcome, but the first step is recognizing what could be causing the problem in your smile.
To give you more information on bad breath problems, our dentist, Dr. Kenneth Browning Prince with Prince Dental Care in San Jose, California, has provided this information with you on the typical causes of halitosis:
– If you want to keep your smile safe, always eliminate bad breath from your life. This can be accomplished by visiting your dentist for oral examinations to determine if bad breath is present.
– Oral hygiene routines such as brushing or flossing are some of the most effective treatments for lowering your risk for bad breath. This is because bad breath is often linked to debris and plaque in your mouth that has built up.
– Unhealthy lifestyle choices counting smoking and chewing tobacco both cause bad breath.
– Medications can potentially cause bad breath. This is because they often produce dry mouth as a side effect. To lower your risk of bad breath, always make sure your mouth has plenty of salivae.
– Do you have any liver and kidney problems? If so, it could produce bad breath.
– Respiratory tract infections are known risk factors for bad breath.
If you are still unsure what is causing your bad breath blues, or if you would like help in combating this condition, please call us today at 408-243-5044 to set up an appointment. Our dental team is happy to help you with any concerns pertaining to your oral care.